There's got to be more to life


Sunday, June 14, 2009

14.06.09

Holiday started yesterday and well, will end today night. I've made a study plan during holiday time. Well, I'm about to go throught the whole syllabus for every subject during this 2 weeks. This kinda sucks. Most of my holiday will be spent on studying. No choice. That's life, that's what is meant for Sec4. After Os I swear I won't touch any book during my free 1 and a half month.


At least I have something to look forward to. This wednesday I'll go out for a movie with some friends. They may not know it's erm... a special day for me [blushed]. I don't want them to know also. That makes me feel more comfortable. I only need somebody around, that's good enough. Surely it's gonna be thrilling.


Some of the juniors have already back home by now. Bet they're having fun. Well, good for them. They should enjoy home, refresh and get ready for the battle once they're back. I'll see the last junior to leave off tomorrow afternoon. Yup, I'm acting brave. I just want to prove to myself that I can handle the fact that I can't go home. I know I can. Despite that I'm missing home the whole bloody hell, it's not unbearable at all.


Yet I still have the right to recall a little bit about my home, don't I? [Eyes closing]

Hmm, let see. It's now in the middle of summer. The round dazzling hot sun dominates the bright azure sky, burning it like baking a pancake until the whole sky turns into magnolia. The powerful sunlight tears the clouds which appear as thin as smoke, piercing through the layers of emerald leaves, spotting thousands of large irridescent golden dots on the ground. The heat suffuses through air, melting every single object and creature. The hawkers do not mind about their business anymore. They'd rather find some places like under the trees or the protruding penthouse so that they can be protected by the shadow. However, the children always seem to enjoy the hot weather. Most of the time, they will sneak out from home and either play soccer on the streets or rummage through the tree roots for cicadas.


Out of the blue, the heat dies down. A thin halo surrounds the circle sun, dimming the burning light, causing the fireball to shine in a lustrous way. Gradually, the smoky clouds gather, forming cotton-like features. The sky turns from ivory to magnolia and finally light grey. The atmosphere becomes cooler. You can feel the water vapour in the air so vividly that you can almost touch it, smell it and taste it. The humidity then becomes so tangible that the air turns jelly like. The murky suns moves further, and immediately the elbony clouds take over. Wind swirls the cracky fallen leaves, rustles them noisily. But the noise is nothing compared to the roar of thunders and lightning afar. As if even nature cannot stand the heat that she finds the need to throw tantrum at the sun.

All at once, the first droplet of yearn wets the ground, following by millions, billions, gazillions of other droplets. It's raining! Rain dances on the pavement cracked of the previous baking sun. Rain frolics on the roofs. Rain streams on the streets. Rain sings the song of forever purity.

Everything stirs to life. The tiny flowers raise from the carpet of grass which is covered by silver droplets to welcome rain. Clinging on the tree bark, the butterflies wave their broad kaleidoscope-like wings. All the evidences of the burning sun are now washed off. The gloomy scenery turns into a lively riot of fresh colours as rainbow spears across the sky.

...

Oi, stop dreaming! Haish, I really need to eliminate this habit, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment